Sunday, 17 November 2013

My Top Ten

Top Ten Nail Varnishes

So this year I moved to university to study Geography (probably why I love colouring in my nails so much!) which meant I had to reduce my nail polish collection...ALOT! I gave myself the aim of fitting all my necessity polishes into this case:

 
Of course this meant choosing my favourites so I thought I'd have a look and decide on my top 10 polishes, and here are the ones I decided I couldn't live without!
 
nail polishes
 
So, in no particular order.....
 
 
From the left to the right you've got 'Metal Flip' in Blue from the Miss Sporty range, I personally love this colour and how it changes in the light (it's not captured very well in these photos) but it has blue/green/purple/grey hues in it and so looks different in all kind of lights! Next there is Models Own 'Show Stopper' which I picked up from the Clothes Show last year, and how couldn't you love this nail polish, it's like a party on your fingertips! The next one is 'The Thames' from Nails Inc. I think this is such a chic shade and literally goes with everything HINT: wear for a smart/casual look. Second to last is 'The Spy Who Loved Me' from the O.P.I James Bond Skyfall Collection, I chose this one because what nail collection is complete without a seductive red?! And the best thing about this polish: you only need 1 coat! Finally is Barry M 'Indigo' I find I get so much energy from this colour, it's so deep and shiny it's definitely my go-to-polish.
 
 
models own show stopper nails inc opi

opi models own nails inc swatches
 
nail varnishes
 
*Deep Breath* Okay so here comes the next 5:
 
models own indian ocean mayfair nails inc colour changing
 
On the far left there is the trusty '5-in-1' Top Coat by Models Own, literally wouldn't use any other Top Coat, it gives a lovely shine, makes all polishes stay longer and prevents flaking nails too! Next in the row is another Models Own polish called 'Indian Ocean' here I wear it on its own for a subtle shimmer but it looks gorgeous over neutrals and pinks too, though it does need a couple of coats to make the colour 'pop'. After that is the 'Green Magnetized' Polish from 17 (found in Boots), I know magnetic polish isn't as much of a big deal as it used to be but I love how easy it is to apply, it creates an unusual effect with minimal effort - great for when you're tight on time! Next is 'Mayfair' from Nails Inc. which is mentioned in my last blog, the paleness of this colour is really attractive and is perfect on its own or for a base coat to use with designs or funky top coats. Finally there is the Miss Match 'Chestnut Chic', this is actually a mood changing polish so when my hands are warm it turns blue and when I'm cold it goes dark purple. I've seen these polishes around a lot lately but I got this one before they became so popular and have used it many times (you can probably see that from how little is left in the bottle!). It's a really cool idea and I always get compliments on it.
 
Green Magnet Mayfair Nails Inc Indian Ocean Models Own Swatch

So they are my current top 10 favourites (sorry for the long blog!) and if you haven't had a look at what top 10 you would choose I highly recommend it, you might just be surprised at what you choose! Imagine if you were stranded on a desert island and could only choose 10 polishes to take with you, what would you choose?
 
- Erica xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages