Wednesday, 27 November 2013

Why do we wear nail polish?

The Big Question.

 
A question caught me off guard the other day, "so why do you wear nail polish a lot?" I got asked.
 
Since then I've given this a lot of thought and I think there are several reasons why I (and I'm sure many other people) like wearing nail varnish, here's what I came up with:
 
 
1. It makes you feel girly.
 

I don't know whether it' the early start for work/university, or always having to think about all the chores you've got to do, or maybe the fact that I've always had guys in my life constantly talking about football and videogames, but I sometimes I just want to feel like a girl and if pink shades and sparkles makes that happen so what?!
 
 
 
 
2. It's being individual without being too 'out there'.
 
You don't have to dye your hair crazy colours or wear unusual outfits to stand out a little bit. Sometimes by having some cool nail art it shows your individuality without having to worry about getting any of those weird looks.
 
 
 
3. It finishes off a look.
 
I don't know about you but for me and outfit just doesn't feel complete unless I've got some colour on my fingertips, whether it's a party or a job interview those nails have got to be polished!
 
 
 
4. I was never good at art.
 
My family have always been really artistic and I...well I just suck at it (no really even my stick-men look weird!). But I've always been quite good at doing my nails, so forget drawing bowls of fruit with water colours, give me some nail art pens and diamantes any day!
 
 
 
5. It makes you happy.
 
You can paint your nails to fit your mood, if you're feeling down why not put some bright colours and glitter on? If you want to be mellow then the pastel shades are for you! I find this so important, especially at this time of year when it's always so dark! A glitter accent nail will keep my smiling throughout the day!
 
P.s. This colour gives me so much energy!
 
 
So there are my main 5 reasons why I always like to have 'polished paws', I found it a really interesting question to think about, why don't you leave a comment telling me what your reasons are for painting your nails?
 
- Erica xox
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages